Football's governing body FIFA has banned 74 Italian and South Korean officials and players from world football on charges of match-fixing.
Norwegian Haaland beat his team mate Kevin De Bruyne and 2022 World Cup champion Lionel Messi after helping City win three major trophies, the Champions League, English Premier League and FA Cup.
For the first time the Best Player award had been shared in its seven-year history.
Serie A clubs AC Milan and Inter Milan are being investigated as part of a probe into suspected accounting fraud in Italian soccer.
Liverpool's Egyptian forward Mohamed Salah has been voted Player of the Year by the Football Writers' Association (FWA) to complete the double of English soccer's major individual awards.
The following is the draw for the Champions League last 16 which was held in Nyon on Monday:
Italy are one win away from being crowned champions of Europe
To the few uninitiated, Alessandro Del Piero, garlanded with marigold, was mistaken for a Hollywood star before football aficionados sent across the message that the biggest attraction of the inaugural Indian Super League had just landed in New Delhi.
Indian Super League team Delhi Dynamos FC has been invited to be a part of the World Soccer Congress in Shanghai, China. Delhi Dynamos FC President Prashant Agarwal has been invited to be a guest speaker for the forum in the presence of representatives from FC Barcelona, FC Inter Milan, La Liga, Liga Portugal, Manchester United, French Football Federation and Italian Football Federation. "I feel absolutely elated to have been invited to speak at the World Soccer Congress. Indian football is an expanding and a progressive industry, the world is watching us and we at Delhi Dynamos FC believe in rising to the occasion," Agarwal said in a release. Agarwal is the sole Indian club representative on the list of the invitees, the release added. He is scheduled to speak on the growing football industry in India and on successfully running Delhi Dynamos FC during season 2 of the Indian Super League.
News of all that's transpired on and off the football field
Italy has been one of the countries worst affected by COVID-19 and professional football has been suspended since March 9. The FIGC and Serie A have both said they want to complete the season if possible.
Italy's football authorities have ordered AC Milan to play its next game behind closed doors and fined the club 50,000 euros ($67,900) following abusive chants by supporters against southern club Napoli.
Liverpool hammered Sparta Prague 6-1 on Thursday to storm into the Europa League quarter-finals 11-2 on aggregate.
After weeks of wrangling, with several U-turns on the way, Italy is due to decide on Thursday if and when its top-flight Serie A soccer league can resume after the coronavirus stoppage. Sports Minister Vincenzo Spadafora, who is due to meet the head of the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) Gabriele Gravina ahead of the announcement, says the most likely outcome is a restart on June 13 or 20.
Antonio Conte, who spends matches ranting incessantly at his players and the referee from the touchline, is one of the most passionate coaches at Euro 2016 and has led an ageing, technically-limited side further than many felt possible.
Images from the football matches played across Europe on Sunday
Serie A soccer matches in the northern Italian regions of Lombardy and Veneto will not be played on Sunday because of an outbreak of the coronavirus, the government said in a statement. The three impacted fixtures are clashes between Inter Milan and Sampdoria, Atalanta against Sassuolo and Hellas Verona against Cagliari. Italy is tackling the worst outbreak of coronavirus yet recorded in Europe, with two people dying in the north since Friday and nearly 60 infected.
News of all that's transpired on and off the football field
Two goals from Luis Diaz and one from Mohamed Salah helped Liverpool stroll to a 3-0 victory at Manchester United.
Italy is one of 12 host nations across Europe, and plans for the month-long tournament to go ahead as originally planned have been questioned as COVID-19 continues to spread.
Italy's football prosecutor ordered Serie A clubs Juventus, AC Milan, Lazio and Fiorentina to stand trial.
Italy striker Mario Balotelli has been ruled out of his side's Confederations Cup semi-final against Spain on Thursday with a thigh injury, the Italian Football Federation said on Sunday.
AC Milan striker Marco Borriello has been suspended after testing positive in a routine doping test.
Liverpool may have to make do with one recognised striker until the January transfer window after learning that Fabio Borini had fractured his foot training with Italy's under 21 side.
Cagliari's Serie A match at home to AS Roma was called off in bizarre circumstances on Sunday after the club defied orders from local authorities to stage the fixture behind closed doors.
Italy coach Antonio Conte summoned help from astronaut Luca Parmitano to inspire his players ahead of Friday's Euro 2016 game against Sweden in Toulouse.
Juventus have been deducted 15 points for the current season by an Italian soccer court investigating its transfer dealings.
News of that transpired on and off the football field
Italy's Serie A clubs voted in a favour of re-starting the season on June 13 during a general assembly on Wednesday, if the government allows. The Italian top flight has been suspended since March 9 because of the coronavirus pandemic and, although the government has authorised teams to hold collective training sessions from next Monday, it has not yet decided if and when the championship can resume.
Thousands of mourners lined the streets and packed into a suburban church in the northern city of Bergamo on Thursday for the funeral of Piermario Morosini, the Italian footballer who collapsed on the pitch and died last week.
AS Roma head coach Jose Mourinho has been suspended for their next four matches in the Europa League.
UEFA announces UCL final hosts for next four seasons.
'He never wanted to break rules': Paul Pogba's representative
There were renewed calls for action against racism in Italian football on Friday after Inter Milan fans were accused of abusing Tottenham Hotspur striker Emmanuel Adebayor in a Europa League last 16 clash in the San Siro.
The Italian Football Federation's decision to award Inter their 14th title came after a sports tribunal revoked Juventus's title win from last season.
IMAGES from football matches played across Europe on Wednesday.
Previously, several clubs, including Sampdoria and Torino, had opposed carrying on while Brescia went further, saying they would prefer to forfeit matches rather than take to the field.
AC Milan's place in the Champions League is not a foregone conclusion and could be blocked by UEFA's emergency panel.
Italy in particular has got a very big problem, I would go as far as to say it's an epidemic, said FARE's executive director Piara Powar
Italy last hosted the European Championship in 1980 when West Germany won the title and the Italians finished fourth.